Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam


We are sitting in Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam.  People are trying to get their devices hooked into the free wifi with varying degrees of success.  I thought I would write a note before I blow my free wifi.

Everything has gone smoothly to here.  I played “sweeper” and arrived last, my lovely wife and granddaughter dropping me off at MSP.  Just to maintain the pattern, the TSA decided to examine the contents of my carry-on: two motherboards, two processors, two hard drives, my pill bottles, tea light candles, M&Ms and Hershey’s Kisses.  Must be some miscellaneous stuff too.  Probably the Hershey’s Kisses that got me flagged.  I promise they won’t be coming home with me.  I am guessing I will have a backpack inside a duffel inside a bigger duffel on the way home.

Dr. Randy passed out an article on travel hazards.  Pastor Tom passed out the final program for Day of Grace.  I am tired, catching no zzzzzs.  Some did, some didn’t.  Everyone is still smiling!  Ally made it up from Rochester on the shuttle.  She asked me about the “Yellow Card.”  I have the feeling we have been drilled about how important it is to have the standard Yellow Card, but her new ones are short and less comprehensive than mine, so there wasn’t anywhere to record a couple she has had.  Then she asked me what vaccinations are required?  I dunno.   We tried to look on the CDC site and the Tanzanian web site, but I could not find the list.  I have never had it checked.

We start the check-in process in another half an hour so I will upload this now.  Most of you should be sleeping at this point.  But if you happen to be driving, WAKE UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment